移印是经过硅橡胶铸成的移印头将钢凹版( 或感光胶凹版) 上的图文转移印刷到承印物上，可用于平面或各种成型物印刷，例如玻璃制品、塑料制品、金属制品、钟表以及电子、光学制品等。其主要特性是可对不规则的异形凹凸外表停止印刷。这些印刷采用其他印刷方式是很难以至无法完成的，但采用移印就可轻松地完成，并可完成多色精巧印刷。这关于仪器、设备及一些小产品的外表印刷来说，是十分理想的印刷方式。
Transfer printing is a process of transferring pictures and texts from steel gravure plate (or photosensitive gravure plate) to printing substrate through a silicone rubber casting transfer head. It can be used for printing flat or various shapes, such as glass products, plastic products, metal products, clocks and watches, electronic and optical products. Its main characteristic is that it can stop printing irregular special-shaped concave and convex surfaces. It is very difficult for these printing to be completed by other printing methods, but it can be easily completed by pad printing and multi-color and exquisite printing can be completed. This is an ideal printing method for the appearance printing of instruments, equipment and some small products.
There are many similarities between transfer printing and screen printing. For example, the adaptability to the substrate is universal; there are many kinds of inks, transfer ink and screen printing ink can be basically universal; after changing fixtures and plates, printing of different products can be easily completed. Therefore, in many printing places, transfer printing and screen printing are as close as twin sisters, playing an important role in special printing technology. Because of this, many printing companies classify transfer printing as screen printing, without subdividing the transfer technology and research institutions. However, there are still some differences in the characteristics and application techniques of offset printing and screen printing.
First of all, from the transfer process of ink, there are obvious differences between offset printing and screen printing; the structure of offset printing machine and screen printing machine is also different; the types of products and screen printing technology are also different. From an objective point of view, the difference between transfer and screen printing is far greater than the similarities between them, and the reason why they are tied together by habits is that transfer and screen printing are facing a common market, in which screen printing can not be separated from transfer. It is difficult and unnecessary to peel off the transfer technology from the screen printing industry. However, to deepen the understanding of the transfer technology, we can not only look at it from the perspective of the screen printing industry.
To sum up, the main characteristics of transfer printing are as follows:
1. Suitable for curved surface printing. Flexible silicone rubber transfer head can be printed on quadratic and cubic curved surfaces, concave and convex surfaces and other complex shapes.
2、能印刷较精密的图文，普通能够印刷0.05 mm 的细线；
2. It can print more precise pictures and texts, and can print 0.05 mm fine lines in general.
3. Printing is stable and persistent, and its printing accuracy will not change even if it is printed for a long time.
4. It eliminates the boring process and can be used for continuous multi-color printing.
5、承印范围普遍，可在塑料、金属、玻璃、陶瓷、皮革、胶木等各种资料制品上的恣意凹凸外表准确地停止单色、双色和彩色图文的印刷，还可停止柔软接触印刷，还能在柔软的物品( 如水果、糕点、鸡蛋等) 以及易碎脆弱的物品( 如陶瓷、玻璃制品等) 上停止印刷；
5. The printing range is widespread. It can stop printing of monochrome, bicolor and colour pictures accurately on the surface of materials such as plastics, metals, glass, ceramics, leather, bakelite and so on. It can also stop printing on soft objects such as fruits, cakes, eggs, etc. and fragile and fragile items such as ceramics, glass products, etc. ;
6. The operation of transfer printing process is simple, easy to learn and reliable, and there is no particularly profound technology.